Wednesday, July 6, 2011

For your consideration...a few interesting blogs and websites

The July 4th holiday found me in a lazy-as-all-hell mood, so I failed to post anything good or useful...well, at all, really.  So if nothing good is going on at Intern 101, perhaps you'll want to check out some other fun blogs and websites, such as:


The Hamilton Road Project: written by a civil engineer in training who's remodeling his own house, God love him.  (The occasional person in his remodeling photos tell you that he's not an architect--there are people in his pictures, for the love of Eisenmann!)  There's nothing like actually doing the work to really teach you how to draw the stuff you ask other people to build.


Ramblings of the small town architect: A good read, Small Town muses on the profession of architecture.  Though he hasn't posted much lately, his most recent post on the "value" of Architectural Record and similar publications actually made me spit iced tea on my laptop.  Good thing I have a plastic film over the keyboard.


Lovely Listing: Part of the I Can Haz Cheezburger group of websites, this site makes fun of odd, amusing, and sometimes downright terrible buildings, houses, furniture, and photos of real estate listings (hence its name).  Presently on its main page, they're paying homage to/heckling Frank Gehry.


Are there some other good sites I should post about here?  Drop me a line (via email in the sidebar) or tell me in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for the link! Yes, I have been lax in my writing. I've been a little busier of late, which is good for the bottom line, not so much for the blog.

    ReplyDelete