Monday, October 3, 2011

A cold and a deadline? Why, you shouldn't have!


Folks, it’s been one of those weeks…well, one of those months, really.  Not only do I have a 100% CD deadline a week from today, I have a cold/flu/bubonic death funk to beat the band.  And here I was, all excited to get some Redlined Resumes done and posted.  No such luck.

I beg your pardon while I get through this deadline and illness simultaneously.  Meanwhile, I was sent a great website that provides basic references for architects.  ArchToolbox has all kinds of wonderful little bits on it—basic info on spacing sprinkler heads, this difference between all the cuts of lumber (plain, quarter, etc.), different types of locksets, and so on.  (Man, where was this website 11 years ago when I first started working? :-) )  While it’s not complete with every single thing you ever wanted to know about architecture, it can give you a good start on understanding many of the building blocks of design and construction (or in my case, a good refresher course!).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link! Archtoolbox started because I kept getting all kinds of cool tidbits from the more experienced architects in the office....and they were always copies of copies of copies. It was all the stuff I wish I had known. Figured it was helpful for everyone if I put that stuff online. I have plans to keep growing it....now if only I could find the time. Thanks again for linking to the site.

    ReplyDelete