Friday, September 24, 2010

What not to ask in an interview

I apologize for the lack of posts lately; while I've become really busy in the past month and a half, this week has been extra busy. I have to travel for work during the early part of next week, so I'm having to work extra right now to make up for the lost time. Meanwhile, I love this article on six questions you shouldn't ask in an interview and wanted to share with all of you. Even I learned something in this article--it never crossed my mind, for whatever reason, that it might look rude and even lazy to ask about working from home in an interview.

We're seeing the market come back very slowly here in Denver. A friend of mine at a Denver firm put an ad for an intern on one job website and received two hundred resumes in less than one month. Some firms here in the larger markets in Colorado are hiring a couple of folks here and there, but there hasn't been a rush of hiring. How's work in your area? Are many jobs being advertised for in your city? Have you or anyone you know been able to get in for interviews?

No comments:

Post a Comment