Monday, April 11, 2011

I want to hug these people

A friend and colleague of mine sent me a link to a blog called Architects Who Eat Their Young, and I have to say that I want to hug the people that put this blog together, and then I want to pay them fairly. First of all, I have to love any blog that puts the words "pimping architects" in their URL. Second of all (and more importantly), I'm glad to see someone saying what I've been saying for a long time: interns should be paid for their work--there's no such thing as an unpaid internship. If you've got the skills to be an intern, then you should be compensated--and fairly so--for having and using those skills. And not only are these guys saying it, but they're actually posting ads from firms (and using those firms' names) that advertise an "unpaid internship". Yes. Yes! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment